Raspberry Moon offers a full range of chemical peels. We’ve listed a few here, but we occasionally have special peels available, too. We’ll talk about your skin at the start of your appointment and determine which peel will work best for you. These treatments are booked only after a consult with Nicole. Peels offered here at The Moon may require a 2 to 4 week prep period.
10% TCA Depigmentation Peel
For all skin types (except sensitive or rosacea skin) with irregular pigmentation. The 10% TCA Depigmentation Peel is mild but very effective and delivers lighteners down to the melanocyte without traumatizing the skin. This combination of acids is a beautiful peeling treatment for evening skin tone, reducing acne, and retexturing the skin.
10% TCA Depigmentation Peel Benefits:
- Evens skin tone
- Reduces acne
- Tricloracetic Acid is great for peeling the skin to make room for regrowth of new skin. It improves wrinkling and roughness, and it softens skin.
- Azelaic Acid inhibits tyrosinase activity to reduce pigmentation. It is effective in treating a number of skin conditions such as acne, inflammation, and hyperpigmentation. It is naturally antibacterial, which makes it a great treatment for acne.
- Alpha-Arbutin is from the bearberry plant; is a non-irritating skin brightener. It is a natural alternative to hydroquinone.
- Kojic Acid inhibits melanin production by inhibiting the tyrosinase enzyme. It also provides gradual and continual skin brightening to relieve skin discolorations.
20% Lactic Peel, with Kojic and Arbutin, pH 1.63
For normal to dry skin with irregular pigmentation. Arbutin and kojic acid work with the hydrating properties of lactic for an extreme lightening peel. Add to your lemon zest enzyme for a beautiful lightening facial.
30% Glycolic Peel, pH 1.27
For normal/combination skin. This cell renewal peel is a great classic on its own, but is also an excellent booster to any enzyme peel.
Cranberry Turnover Peel
For oily/acneic skin. Exfoliate and reduce oil with a 20% salicylic cranberry creamy peel. This aggressive mixture helps to resurface and refine skin and pores, remove oil and debris and protect from bacterial infections. Ideal for oily, acneic skin.
The Cranberry Turnover Peel is a 20% salicylic acid peel and not to be confused with our enzymes. You will experience peeling with this product. Certain skin types will need to prep with our Glycolic/Retinol pads for 1-2 weeks prior to the peel series to avoid post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Pre/Post Peel Kit
Our Pre/Post Peel Care kit includes:
- Green Tea Antioxidant Cleanser
- Glycolic Cleanser with Antioxidant
- Retinol 2% Exfoliation Scrub
- Two Sets of Glycolic and Retinol Pads
- Acai Berry Moisturizer
- Sheer Protection SPF 30 Sunblock
The Skin Script peels are developed to be gentle. Typically, you will have no problem using the Glycolic Cleanser or the Glycolic Retinol Pads the day after a peel. Of course, common sense prevails. If your skin feels too dry you could take break from the actives and focus on hydration for a couple of days post-peel. Two wonderful products (that can be added into the Pre/Post Peel Care kit) that help the skin’s hydration levels are: Cucumber Hydration Toner and Ageless Hydrating Serum.
The type and number of peels will be based on your particular skin type and desires.
- We require a skin consultation before any peel can be performed.
- Peels require a patch test.
- Some peels may require prep and post care kits that must be used.
- Please be advised that not all peels can be performed the day of the consultation.
- You must stay out of the sun, wear an approved SPF (preferably minerals), and avoid the tanning booth while you are on a chemical peel regimen.