This month is all about the eyes. From healthy foods to lash and brow enhancements, this newsletter has a little bit of everything.
Stylish brows and lashes date all the way back to ancient Egypt! Both men and women wore makeup to enhance their supernatural powers. The Egyptians used kohl and black oxide (I still have some great kohl eyeliners that I brought back from India) to create dramatic eyes, lush lashes and well defined brows. Although brow trends change from daring to more subdued, they play a huge role in bringing out the beauty of the eyes. Check out our blog post with some of the eyebrow shapes through history.
Nicole and Smokey
New – Lash Lifts to go with our Lash and Brow Tinting, and New Lash and Brow Products
I am super excited to announce some fun new services and products.
I am now offering Lash Lifts along with the Lash and Brow Tinting. This takes the artistry of the eyes to a whole new level. Toss out your lash curler, your mascara and your brow filler – Your Morning Routine just got SIMPLER.
We have everything you need to make your eyes pop!
The Ultimate Eye Enhancement
Lash Lift and Tint, Brow Design and Tint, and a Collagen Eye Treatment – The Lift and Tint will last between 4-8 weeks depending on the type of makeup remover you use and how much you mess with your eyes! This is a perfect way to enhance your eyes without having to curl your lashes every day. For those that want a more natural look, you can skip the Mascara. Perfect eye enhancement before you take that last vaca at the beach or lake or to make your morning routine just a little simpler. 60 min service for $90 ($120 value)
When you are having a lash lift done please DO NOT APPLY EYE MAKEUP the day of your treatment! Having to remove the eye makeup first will cause a little irritation to the skin and will make your treatment a little tingly.
The Perfect Lashes – Lash Lift and Tint – $60 ($65 value)
The Perfect Brows – Brow Design and Tint – $27 ($30 value)
New Lash and Brow Products
Along with these new and updated services, we are offering several products that will put your lashes over the top! Our new eye products from Grande Naturals consist of GrandeLash-MD an Eyelash Enhancer, GrandeBrow-Fill and GrandeMascara.
GrandeLash-MD Eyelash Enhancer
Not sure you want to do lash extentions? Want to make those lashes crazy long and full? Why not try the GrandeLash-MD Eyelash Enhancer.
- Eyelash conditioner with a special blend of vitamins, peptides and amino acids as well as conditioning ingredients
- Dramatic lashes in 4-6 weeks
- Scientifically tested and safe for use around the eyes
GrandeLash-MD Eyelash Enhancer – $65
Give your brows some love with the GrandeBrow-Fill gel.
- Tinted gel that you brush on made with fibers and peptides
- Adheres even to tiny hairs, leaving them fuller and more defined
- Helps shape & define brows leaving them natural looking at the same time filling in the thin areas
GrandeBrow-Fill – $20
Extend the benefits of your lash treatment with GrandeMascara.
- Unique peptide blend with SymPeptide 226EL which stimulates keratin to fortify your lashes
- Volumized, Extended, Lifted lashes
- Wide-Eye Effect
- Flirtatious lash fringe for a bold, curved and clump-free finish
- Applicator brush made with the perfect combo of hard and soft fibers
- Instant extreme volume & length
- Helps maintain the effect of GrandeLASH-MD
GrandeMascara – $25
Purchase all 3 items in the Amazing Eyes Kit – and receive a brow comb/ tweezer combo, sample of Viktoria DeAnn Pepti-Eye, small vial of rose water and a set of flat river rocks – a $35 value!
How to Nourish, Pamper, and Strengthen Your Eyes
So everyday life can have an effect on your eyes, too many late nights, too much alcohol, smoking, allergies, certain foods, and computer screens just to name a few.
Here are a few things you can do to help your eyes feel and look better.
Pampering for the Eyes
Have chilled river rocks (smooth stones) in your freezer or place in a bowl of ice water and then use the rocks to massage in your eye serum. Work with light circular motions all around the eyes. You can also place 2 cotton rounds in the ice water, remove excess water and place on the eyes and then river rocks over top. This feels awesome and your eyes will look amazing when you are finished.
Rose water is another great liquid to add to your cotton pads. Rose water will help to reduce redness and inflammation. You can always add your cold river rocks over the rose water pads as well. (I am thinking I am going to add this to my facial routine. How nice would that be? )
Food for the Eyes
Great choices to nourish your eyes from within include the following:
- Leafy green veggies like kale, spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, cabbage and green peppers. They are full of Vitamins A, C, E & K and minerals that protect the eyes from free radicals and damage from UV rays.
- Yellow & Orange Fruits like carrots, lemons, mangos, peaches, apricots and especially pumpkin which is crazy good for you. These fruits and veggies are packed full of antioxidants that help prevent cataracts and degeneration of the eyes.
- Blue & Purple foods like blueberries, grapes, eggplants, purple cabbage, plums and cranberries are fabulous at fighting oxidative stress. They are full of Vitamin C, flavonoids and other nutrients.
- Even some White foods are great for the eyes like mushrooms, bananas, onions, garlic and egg whites. These items contain beta-glucans, antioxidants and dozens of nutrients. They help with eye diseases, degeneration, and dry eyes.
- Red foods – cherries, strawberries, watermelon, red grapes, beets, tomatoes or red onions all contain lycopene, Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
One of my favorite smoothie blends – Apples, Carrots, Beets, Spinach, Ginger, Limes and I think if you add a few blueberries in there you would be good to go. (Remember that ginger and turmeric are great to add to your smoothies or juice – they are full of wonderful health benefits and fabulous for the skin.)
Yoga for the Eyes
How about some yoga movements for the eyes? Great for those of us in front of a computer screen all the time!
- While focusing on a pen or pencil, move it horizontally or vertically in front of yours eyes. Do this a few times. The article says 10-15 mins but that seems like a long time to do.
- Blink rapidly about 10 times, then close your eyes and relax for 20 seconds. Repeat this about 5 times.
- Do these every day or whenever you can think of it.
From the article – How to Make your Clients’ Eyes Sparkle by Rachel Levy from LNEONLINE.com
The Date is Set for Our 2016 MoonLight Market
Mark your Calenders for Sunday, November 6 from 11-3pm for our first ever outdoor Nightmare Before Christmas MoonLight Market. We will actually be outside this year and have food trucks.
The theme is Nightmare Before Christmas – we will still be decorated for Halloween with a Christmas Flair.
So don’t put your costumes away just yet – you will get a little sercie if you come in costume and we might even have a contest. We’ll also have Fun Vendors with lots of awesome gift ideas, a Costume Contest, and Food Trucks.
This will be the most interesting Holiday Market you will go to all year!! More info coming soon!
Appointments and Online Booking
Did you know that we now have an online booking system? Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). This system enables us to send appointment confirmations, reminders, and allows you to change your appointment.
I do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times. If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand. You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments. If you do not show up for your appointment you will be charged the full service or if cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged a $25 fee. I understand emergencies happen but we all need to respect each other’s time.
Out of the office:
- Time for some Tradeshow Fun – I will be in Atlanta October 15-17 and in Hickory, NC November 13-14
- December 23-26/27 – in PA
Sundays I will be working thru the end of the year:
- Sept 11
- Oct 9
- Nov 20
- Dec 18