It’s time to Heal the Past, Live the Present, and Dream the Future!
This month we are going to stay close to home. We have so many fabulous events taking place in September and October.
Last year’s Forgiveness Project helped bring awareness and understanding on what forgiveness is and how we can grow from the simple and sometimes hard act. We raised funds and awareness for the Julie Valentine Center.
This year’s theme is Heal the Past, Live the Present and Dream the Future. We’ve listed the schedule in the next section, but read the latest details on our website. The first event is Wednesday so we hope to see you there!
We are proud to support Safe Harbor in this year’s community service events.
Safe Harbor – a safe place to start a new life. This organization is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which helps victims of domestic violence in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson and Oconee Counties of South Carolina.
Safe Harbor breaks the cycle of domestic violence by:
- Prevention through education
- Intervention through safe shelter
- Transformation through support
To eliminate domestic violence and create a culture of healthy relationships in the Upstate of South Carolina.
Did you know that South Carolina has the highest rates of domestic violence resulting in death in the country? In 2011 there were 1,707 females murdered by men in a single victim/single offender incident. 94% of the female victims knew their offender. 61% of those women killed were wives or intimate partners of their killers.
These events are being held to help bring awareness to our community at large of the dangers of domestic abuse and violence, and to help give hope to victims of all types of abuse or pain.
We all have suffered some type of pain, if not abuse, in our lives. Join us as we share ways to help you navigate through the pain and bring healing and hope to you again.
Heal the Past, Live the Present and Dream the Future Events – Mark your Calendars
Here’s the full list of events, with links to more information and Facebook RSVPs. (Location guide: NMY = North Main Greenville Yoga Location and ARY = Augusta Road Greenville Yoga Location)
- Wednesday, September 10, 6:30-8:30pm – The Spirit Divine – Art & Meditation Class with Jennifer Lynne Ziemann, Artistry Workshops and Gallery, 12 Andrews St, Greenville, South Carolina 29601. RSVP for the class on Facebook.
- Saturday, September 13, 5:00-6:30 pm – Kirtan with Stephanie & Michael Johnson @ NMY. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Sunday, September 14, 4:30-5:30 pm – From Fear to Courage, Yin Yoga Workshop (Lecture and Yoga) with Liz Delaney @ NMY
- Friday, September 26, 7:30 – 8:30 pm – Yoga Nidra (Yoga for PTSD) wtih Jill McBurney @ NMY
- Sunday, September 28, 4:30 – 6:30 pm – Showing of the Documentary Happy followed by Discussion @ ARY. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Thurs, October 2, 7:30-8:30 pm – Write On: from dream to page, write your path forward with Heather Marshall @ ARY. She facilitated a fabulous writing class for us last year. Can’t wait for this year. Check out my post about last year’s class. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Saturday, October 11, 1- 4:30 pm – ATS Style BellyDance Workshop with Discordia Arts @ ARY. RSVP for this workshop on Facebook.
- Saturday, Oct 11, 7:30-10ish – BellyDance Performance and Hafla (Party) with Discordia Arts and Friends @ ARY. We will also be having a Silent Auction this evening. So come prepared to support a great event and raise money for Safe Harbor. Cash and Check appreciated, Credit Cards if we must! ;) Remember every little bit helps. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Sunday, October 12, 4-6 pm – Survivors Finding Voice Lecture and Art Showing with Wanda Meade @ ARY. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
Fall Chemical Peel Special – Celluma Anti-aging Treatments and a Saucy Chica Discount with Peel Series
Now that the worst of summer heat and sun have passed, we can get ready for fall and the holidays with some fresh new skin! To help that along, we’re offering some goodies with our Chemical Peel series.
The series of peels regularly runs $480. Prepay in the month of September for your whole series (to be finished in roughly 12 weeks) and save $80!
PLUS you will receive a free 20 minute Celluma LED Anti-Aging Light Treatment with each peel. (A $120 value)
AND you can purchase any Saucy Chica Skincare products for 50% off during your peel series.
Mostly we will be using Glycolic or Salicylic Peels, which type will depend on your skin and what you need. The peels will help with hyper-pigmentation, lines, hydration and overall health of your skin. The series of 6 peels will be done every 2 weeks for 12 weeks. This is the best time interval to do the peels.
Our peels are pretty “tingly.” Proper care of the skin is necessary – you will receive a travel size skincare with 1 oz cleanser and toner, 1/4 ounce serum and moisturizer. You will need these products for proper home care use. These will not get you through the whole peel series so take advantage of the 50% off Saucy Chica Skincare products during your peel series.
So how do you snatch up this fabulous offer?
You can purchase the series online and then call today to schedule your series so you can lock in the best times for your schedule. This offer is only available until the end of September!
What is the Celluma Light Treatment?
The Celluma™ is a phototherapy device that is FDA Approved and based on NASA technology. The Celluma™ uses specific wavelengths of light, produced by light emitting diodes (LEDs), to help you achieve better skin or relieve sore muscles:
- Red light – promotes collagen and elastin production
- Blue light – helps reduce appearance of mild to moderate acne
- Infrared light – help alleviate pain from arthritis, muscle spasms, muscle and joint pain, muscle tissue tension, and diminished circulation
Call today to book your appointments to get the best times for you. Purchase the series online before the end of September to get your Celluma treatments and Saucy Chica discount too!
Here is what a peel client from last year had to say:
“I just wanted to say … Holy amazing skin!! I can’t wait for my last peel in the series tomorrow! As I know you have seen, my skin is SO much clearer. Prior to doing the series, I had some sort of blemish all the time, usually more than one, for years … No more! Now I rarely have even one! YIPPIE!! And the texture is so smooth! When I use my oil cleanser (one of “My favorite things” though I’m no Oprah) I spend even more time because it feels so smooth to massage in! You have me hooked, and we will be doing this whole series again someday!! Much love from me, and my skin!” -Chemical Peel Series
Our Holiday Open House is just two months away – How is that possible?
Mark your calendar for our holiday open house on Wednesday, November 19 from 5-8pm.
This year we have so many fun items, some local and some from as far away as England!
You will be the first to see the new items and there will as always be yummy food, our famous Mexican Ponché (that delicious hot fruit punch), door prizes, and – of course – a nice little sale just for you!
More details in next month’s newsletter!
Explore Our New Online Booking System, and Sunday Appointments
Did you know that we now have an online booking system? Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). We are slowly but surely moving everything over to this new system. The new system will enable us to send appointment confirmations, reminders, and allow you to change your appointment.
Out of the office:
- Oct 17-Oct 20 – I will be in Ithaca, NY hanging out with my best friend Stephanie and my crazy nephews.
- Nov 9-10 – Hickory, NC for Southern Spa Salon Conference – getting some education and checking out new items
Other than that, work is on like usual!
Sundays I will be working through the end of the year:
- September 14 & 28 (These dates may change because of our events schedule)
- October 12 & 26
- November 2 & 16
- December 7 & 21