Well 2020 has been an INTERESTING time frame!
August marked my 17th year on Laurens Rd and we celebrated with a water leak! LOL Our hot water heater is in the attic above Amber’s room. The hose sprung a leak and was flooding the shop. Thankfully it was my Sunday to work so it was bad but could have been so much worse. That being said, the shop will look much different when you first come in! We are still getting things together but it looks awesome and so much brighter. The bathroom color is awesome.
Huge thank you to everyone who came to the rescue and helped get the shop back up and running quickly. Of course, Amor was there as always helping get everything taken care of and keeping me calm.
I also wanted to give a shout out to a few people…
- Esme with Carter Color Company in Clemson is the bomb! If you need your house redone and are lost on where to start or overwhelmed by the options, just call her! She and her husband Curtis are so nice, have helped me with multiple projects and make it so much easier. – http://cartercolor.com/
- Kim Lamb Classical Lighting Designs picked out our beautiful lights. So easy – sent her a picture and she knows us so she sent me 3 options and boom done! She also helped pick out and place where most of the lights in my house and new deck were going. Next, we are installing landscape lighting. Can’t wait for that to get put in soon. https://www.classiclightinganddesign.com/
- Our friend Hector and his guys from Two Brothers Painting came in and got the job done. They did a great job. If you need help with painting, call 864-525-2146.
- Douglas’ motorcycle friends Carlos and Chris came in and knocked out the new floors. They look so awesome and make the space seem very big and open. So much prettier!
We are still adding some artwork and decor types of things but it is all good now.
Until we connect, create a beautiful day,
Mini upper body massage, anyone?
When you book a facial treatment at the Moon, it’s basically like two services in one! During your facial, Nicole also spends time giving you a mini upper body massage- not just a face massage. She takes time to focus on your neck, shoulders and even under you to reach your upper back. It’s part of the experience. So give your skin a treat and indulge in some relaxation.
Schooling is no joke! LOL
Whether you are doing home school, virtual school or brick and mortar this year is no joke. For multiple reasons, we decided to home school Ashly this year. We are figuring it all out and hopefully in the next few weeks we will get it more together. LOL That being said, I wanted to share a few resources that have been shared with me in case they can help you:
As I find some other great resources I will be sure to share. If you have something that has been helping you please feel free to share! I could use all the help I can get!
I am working on offering a few classes here at the house on the screen porch for 6 kids. These classes are going to be so fun! The first 2 classes are about plants and will be taught by my friend Virginia Kirwan.
Monday, September 28 from 1 to 2ish
Terrarium class information:
In our terrarium class we will be constructing a fun terrarium with plants that reflect the drama of fall and a little bit of spook to celebrate the season. While we’re building, we’ll learn how a terrarium creates its own eco-system, we’ll learn why drainage and type of soil is important, and some types of plants that work best in terrarium environments. We’ll also discuss water and lighting requirements. Best of all, each student will leave with their very own adorable terrarium!
$35 each student
Monday, October 19 from 1 to 2ish
Succulent class information:
In our succulent class, we will build a fun planter and learn about the cell structure that allows succulents to store water and how that structure determines watering requirements. We’ll also talk about their native regions and the wide variety of plant types within the species. Everyone will go home with a cute planter to keep.
$35 each student
Our next 2 classes will be jewelry making. Stay tuned for more classes. If you are interested in being kept up to date on these classes for kids or if we have enough interest for adult classes we can look at this as well, please let me know and I will add you to a separate mailing list.
Do you have a skill that you want to teach to a small, fun group? Contact me to see what we can put together.
Payment is due the day of the class – cash or check preferred. If you sign up for the class please be prepared to come and/or pay for the class if you miss it.
Michele, @micheledunnstyling (on insta) is the awesome stylist responsible for this hair. If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting her or being pampered by her, you owe it to yourself.
Turkish Food Festival – Saturday, September 26, 2020
One of my favorite events of the year is back! It is going to be a little different this year but the food will be just as amazing as always. Find out more information by clicking the link below.
New Guidelines Until Further Notice:
- Please wait in your car until I am able to escort you into the shop.
- Text me when you are in the parking lot – 864.271.2710 (Please program my number in your phone)
- We are limiting the number of people in the studio. Only the person having a service is permitted in the treatment room or studio.
Please reschedule if:
- You have had a cough, fever or been around someone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days
- If you are living with anyone who is sick or quarantined
Out of the office:
- Nov 26 – Nov 30
- Dec 24 – Dec 27
- Dec 31 – Jan 4
Sundays I will be working the rest of 2020:
- Oct 11
- Nov 15
- Dec 20
We have set time aside specifically for you. Should you need to reschedule for any reason please do so 24 hours in advance. If you do not show up for your appointment or you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment, you are responsible for your service. Your credit card will be processed.
I will do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times, just realize there is only one of me! To help provide the best service to all my fab clients please be sure to add your appointments to your calendar.
You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments.
Did you know a text reminder option is also available? Please let Nicole know at your appointment so she can add this option. There will be one text that comes two days prior to your appointment.