My favorite month of the year is here!! Halloween is my most favorite holiday! I love the cooler nights and watching the leaves start to change. And of course COSTUMES!! Can you tell I am excited?
What is your favorite holiday and why? Feel free to post a pic and tell me why it is your favorite holiday on Raspberry Moon Facebook or Instagram. Post a picture of your Halloween Costume(s) and you just might get a little sercie!
One of my favorite costumes, inspired by my little niece (technically my little cousin), she loves Elsa and had a Zombie Elsa cake for her birthday. I found this prom dress at Ross for $13 so couldn’t pass up such a great deal! I plan on turning it into another costume some day – I was thinking maybe a Sea Goddess? Or what is your creative idea?
Just as a reminder, there are 11 more weeks until Christmas Holidays. I would book now if you want to be sure you are smooth and glowy for Christmas and the New Year. I am working a lot the week before Christmas and then only the Thurs and Fri after Christmas. You can Fall in Love with your Skin by the Holidays with a 6 week Face Refresher Series – Peel or Enzyme Treatments depending on your skin type. Check out last month’s newsletter for more info.
Have a safe and fun October!
The Fall Turkish Food Fest is October 21st
Y’all know how I love Turkish Food! New location, new time of year for some delicious food. I can’t wait!
Check out their event page on Facebook to hear more details as they’re released.
Product of the Month – Retinol 2% Exfoliating Scrub
- Resurfaces and refines the skin
- Lessens visible aging
- Brightens skin discolorations
- Provides chemical and physical exfoliation
- Enhances cellular turnover
- Assists in skin rejuvenation
Recommended for normal, dry, sun-damaged, oily or acneic skin, helps with those pesky blackheads. Sensitive skin clients may use this product 1-2 times per week without irritation. This scrub exfoliates while brightening to promote a clear, healthy skin tone.
If irritation develops after daily use, reduce usage to 1-2 times per week.
Directions for use:
Use daily after cleansing, massage retinol 2% exfoliating scrub into the face, neck and chest for one full minute. You can leave this on for up to 10 minutes. Rinse and follow with toner. If you are using some type of exfoliating acid already, please talk with me to see the best way to add this into your routine. I LOVE this Scrub/Mask. My skin feels so smooth and bright after using it.
- Jojoba Beads – provide the physical exfoliation component of the product. They gently buff away dead surface debris and leave behind jojoba esters, which are a moisture retaining component of natural skin sebum.
- Kojic Acid (from mushrooms) – lightens skin discolorations, slows the production of melanin, and assists in maintaining desired skin coloration after aggressive depigmentation treatments.
- Retinol – dissolves keratinization, resurfaces and smoothes the skin, and stimulates collagen production to improve skin quality and youthfulness.
- Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) – an astringent that purifies, tones, and brightens the skin. It also promotes taught, toned skin tissue.
- Malic Acid (from Apples) – enhances desquamation of the stratum corneum and improves the appearance of the skin.
- Zanthoxylum Americanum (Prickly Ash) Bark Extract – encourages healthy circulation and provides gentle stimulant properties to promote healthy oxygenation. It is also anti-inflammatory.
Retinol 2% Exfoliation Scrub Full Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Jojoba Esters (Beads), Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Behenyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Kojic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Sucrose Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Caprylyl Glycol, Malic Acid (L), Zanthoxylum Americanum (Prickly Ash) Bark Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid
Complimentary Travel Size for everyone that comes in for a service the month of October.
$43 – Purchase the fabulous Retinol 2% Exfoliating Scrub and receive a FREE Goody Bag.
Healthy Snacks When You’re On the Go
I was catching up on some of my spa magazines and I came across an article called “Snack Attack – Eat well, even between Appointments” by Lynn J. Parentini. I thought I would share her tips and add a few of my own. We are all so busy it is hard to get everything done sometimes. I am lazy and although I know how to eat healthy sometimes it is hard to make myself. So here’s a list of ideas for healthy snacks – eating small portions 5 to 6 times a day is ideal.
- Nuts and Dried Fruit packs
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fruits like apples, oranges, grapes and bananas
- Jerky made from real meat with no crazy stuff
- Pretzels, or chips made from plantains, kale, taro, sweet potatoes, kale, etc.
- Air-popped Popcorn without the butter
- Stuffed celery – hummus, nut butter, cheese
- Tuna and Avocado with crackers or crunchy veggies
- Cucumber with lime and salt (this somehow surprisingly tastes better than just plain cucumber)
- Jicama with lime, salt and maybe cayenne pepper (Trader Joe’s has this already cut up but it goes bad quickly so eat right away. It is usually cheaper in the Mexican Store as are the limes.)
- Turkey Roll-ups – Turkey, cream cheese/hummus or some other type of spread roll up and eat.
- Stuffed peppers, cabbage leaves or romaine lettuce – meat, cheese, avocado, cucumbers – whatever you want really, basically a sandwich without bread.
- Sliced apples with nut butter- add some other things on it if you like
Hope that gives you a few ideas for something different. I am going to be playing around with my Insta-pot and Air Fryer so I will let you know how that works out.
Facial of the Month – Chocolate Orange Peel Facial
What a perfect treatment to get you in the festive spirit. Delight your senses with the citrusy tang of Orange Zest Enzyme and indulge in some guilty pleasure with Skin Scripts Dark Chocolate Mint Mask.
The Orange Zest is a powerful antioxidant that brightens the skin with 4% Lactic Acid and 1.5% Glycolic Acid for a gentle, yet effective exfoliation, delivers high levels of Vitamin C for superb anti-aging properties, and creates oxygenation in the skin for a fabulous holiday glow.
The Cacao in the Dark Chocolate Mint Mask creates a vasodilatory effect and will create flushing for an exchange of toxins within the skin. Cocoa, glycerin, and squalene (from olives) are excellent emollients, lubricants, and humectants to draw moisture to dry, flaky skin. Vitamin E is an excellent anti-aging antioxidant.
Skin Conditions: Anti-aging, normal/combo, dry (not for rosacea due to the flushing effect of Cacao)
1 hour Facial Treatment – $70
Appointments and Online Booking
Did you know that we now have an online booking system? Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). This system enables us to send appointment confirmations, reminders, and allows you to change your appointment.
I do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times. If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand. You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments. If you do not show up for your appointment or cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged the full service. I understand emergencies happen but we all need to respect each other’s time.
Out of the office:
- November 21 to 26 – for Thanksgiving – Cleaning and Prepping for the Holidays
- December 23 to 26 – Heading to PA for Christmas
Sundays I will be working the rest of the year:
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16