Here are some of our fun looks this year:
If you haven’t booked your peel series, there is still time to have more fabulous skin for the holidays. Contact me today (just hit reply to this newsletter) to get started. Even just doing your prep work for 2 weeks to a month will make a huge difference in your skin.
There are only SEVEN weeks between now and Christmas! I am off a little more than usual during the holidays as we have the Salvadorean’s daughter in town. Please check your schedules now and plan ahead. I will do my best to get everyone in.
The Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Halloween may be over but not pumpkin season! Pumpkin has a variety of health benefits. It’s one of the food items recommended by dietitians in cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs.
Pumpkin is a very low calorie vegetable. A 100 gram serving provides just 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol; however, it is rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins.
- Pumpkin is a storehouse of many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- It features the highest levels of vitamin A in all of the gourd family, with almost two and a half times the recommended daily serving!
- Vitamin A is a powerful natural anti-oxidant and is required by the body for maintaining the integrity of skin and mucus membranes. It is also an essential vitamin for good visual sight. Research studies suggest that natural foods rich in vitamin A help a body protect against lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Pumpkin is also an excellent source of many natural poly-phenolic flavonoid compounds such as beta carotenes, cryptoxanthin, lutein and zea-xanthin. Carotenes convert into vitamin A inside the body.
- Zea-xanthin is a natural anti-oxidant which has UV (ultra-violet) rays filtering actions in the macula lutea in retina of the eyes. Thus, it helps protect from “age-related macular disease” (ARMD) in the elderly.
- Pumpkin is a good source of the B-complex group of vitamins like folates, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamine and pantothenic acid.
- It is also a rich source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
Don’t toss the seeds!
Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of dietary fiber and mono-unsaturated fatty acids, which are good for heart health. In addition, the seeds are concentrated sources of protein, minerals and health-benefiting vitamins.
For instance, 100 g of pumpkin seeds provide 559 calories, 30 g of protein, 110% RDA of iron, 4987 mg of niacin (31% RDA), selenium (17% of RDA), zinc (71%) etc., but no cholesterol. Further, the seeds are an excellent source of health promoting amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is converted to GABA in the brain.
Info provided by http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/pumpkin.html
Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie
All the benefits of this powerhouse in a grab-and-go beverage.
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 to 1 cup yogurt or coconut milk or whatever your milk preference is and how thick you like it.
- 1 frozen banana (I have to skip this because bananas hate me but just in case you like them and they don’t hate you)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice – or use what you have in the house – cinnamon for sure
- fresh ginger – depends on how much you like ginger
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of ice
- pecans, crushed (optional for some good fat and protein)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
Throw it all in your blender or Vitamix and enjoy!
Spiced Golden Pear – Facial of the Month
Holiday memories come to life through spicy scents of the holidays. This Pear and Frankincense Facial is designed to relax us, yet hydrate our skin with 5% Lactic and all the benefits of the Winter Complex including the use of (1) the DermaPep peptide with retinoic effects to stimulate collagen and reduce photo-damage, (2) the ayurvedic plant Indian Senna to hydrate dry skin, and (3) the Mirabilis Jalapa Flower to soothe sensitive skin. We also incorporated Pinolumin which is a concentrated extract of Swiss stone pine (trees) that calms skin hypersensitivity and reduces skin redness.
Golden Pear Spiced Enzyme: This pear puree has a moisturizing effect on the skin through its pectin and 5% Lactic Acid. It also has the benefits of the Winter Complex including the use of (1) the DermaPep peptide with retinoic effects to stimulate collagen and reduce photo-damage, (2) the ayurvedic plant Indian Senna to hydrate dry skin, and (3) the Mirabilis Jalapa Flower to soothe sensitive skin.
Frankincense/Myrrh Nourishing Mask: This creamy, hydrating mask contains Frankincense and Myrrh oils from tree resin/sap that have anti-inflammatory properties. Clove oil is an antioxidant and also provides antibacterial properties. Included in this mask are the benefits of the Winter Complex described above.
Skin Conditions: Normal & Dry Skin
This 1 hour facial is only $70
Product of the Month – Gift Certificates
Make your gift giving easy this year by giving the gift of rejuvenation. Raspberry Moon Gift Certificates always fit and can be used towards services or products.
Shoot us a text or email your gift certificate needs and we will have them all wrapped and ready for you to pick up at the shop.
Or simply click the button below to purchase your gift certificates online. You can email them to your loved one, coworker, boss, hostess with the most-ess, or friend, or print a hard copy to wrap.
Gift certificates can be purchased from $10 up to whatever you want.
PK Night is December 6th
Our third PechaKucha Night is coming up! What is PechaKucha? It is a quick, concise format to tell a story or give a presentation with 20 slides and only 20 seconds per slide! So in 6 minutes and 40 seconds you have told your story.
Check out our next event on Friday, December 6, 2019 at Brains on Fire. Doors open at 7:30 pm and presentations begin at 8:20pm. Yes that is correct, 8:20 pm or 2020. (Get it? 20 slides 20 seconds!)
So mark your calendars now and plan on spending the evening in The Villages checking out some of the cool artists, and grabbing a bite to eat at Coastal Crust Pizza, Kuka Juice, GBD, or Anchorage, or some coffee and a pastry at The Village Grind.
Do you have something you would like to share with us? We would love to chat with you, send us an email and let’s PechaKucha!
Check out our event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2280664445540539/
You can sign up for our newsletters/blog posts to stay in the know at: https://www.pechakucha.com/cities/greenville
Appointments and Online Booking
Did you know that we now have an online booking system? Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). This system enables us to send appointment confirmations, reminders, and allows you to change your appointment.
I do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times. If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand. You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments. If you do not show up for your appointment or cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged the full service. I understand emergencies happen but we all need to respect each other’s time.
Out of the office:
- Nov 28 – Dec 2 – Getting all decked out for the holidays!!
- Dec 24-26 – Closed for Christmas. We get the mini-Salvadorana for the holidays this year so I will be closed a little more than normal. Please plan accordingly!
- Jan 1-5 – Closed, heading to VA to return the mini.
Sundays I will be working thru the end of 2019:
- Nov 24
- Dec 22