My favorite month is now behind me. The kids Halloween Party was a success. Thank heavens for the beautiful screen porch and deck! Themed food, bobbing for apples, donut on a string contest, bingo and outdoor movie, The Addams Family, the animated version. A friend let me borrow a projector to see how it would work on the screen porch. It was awesome. I love being out on the porch so it is now on my Santa Wish List so we can host more outdoor movie nights.
So now that we are in November, the holiday season is in full swing. I know it is different that previous years but with all things there are silver linings. Maybe this is the year that you can have a more relaxing holiday season without running all over the place. Or how about you put your tree up early just for some added cheer. Do you really love Thanksgiving food? If not then why have it? Create a meal that you have always wanted to try but never have the time or just have everyone pick the food they love, who cares if it goes together or not. Maybe you make gingerbread houses or cookies to decorate with the kids or even the adults. It is 2020 so anything goes! I am still trying to decide if we are hosting Thanksgiving outside. Last year, thanks to my friend Stephanie who gave me her turkey sprooking recipe, my turkey was actually amazing. Here’s the recipe!
What are some of your favorite foods for the holidays? Are you going to try something different? Or what can you take that is traditional and put a little spin on it? Last year I did a mac and cheese but I cut the cheese way down by adding butternut squash puree and nutritional yeast. I still added a spicy cheese and I think smoked gouda. I also made smashed Japanese sweet potatoes, they needed no butter or anything. Everyone was shocked there was nothing in the potatoes. Both dishes were super yummy!
Until we connect, create a beautiful day,
Looking for gift ideas and some holiday noms? Support Local AND make your loved ones happy!
Check out some of my favorite local business. Now more than ever, they need our support!
Need some help with the little ones?
Here are some helpful home schooling resources that I’ve found!
https://www.studysc.org/index.php/ – All about SC history, also great for school teachers
https://earthshinenc.com – This looks like a super fun place to stay and/or to take a class. I am looking to do their overnight stay with classes in the spring. I can’t make either of the classes this fall.
https://www.knowitall.org/series – part of etv, all grade levels
https://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm – This is the Everglade National Park in Florida. They have a program where a Rager can be zoomed into your classroom or homeschool group. They are super nice and quick to respond.
Product of the Month
Acai Berry Moisturizer from Skin Script
Perfect for normal, combination, and sensitive skin.
A-KAI? A-SAY? A-SAI-E? Açaí is properly pronounced ah-sigh-EE. But, no matter how you say it, this berry can provide your skin with some major benefits!
The Açaí Berry Moisturizer provides hydration and protects from environmental damage while relieving the surface signs of aging. The Açaí berry is rich in Vitamins B, C & E; an excellent antioxidant which also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and helps promote healing and collagen synthesis.
- Improves skin hydration to limit visible lines
- Encourages proper moisture levels
- Normalizes water/oil balance
- Soothes and calms
- Improves skin appearance
Use a small, pea-sized amount daily morning and evening after cleansing, toning and treatment serum to hydrate the skin. Use on face, neck and chest after your favorite Skin Script Rx Cleanser, Toner and Treatment Serums.
- Dimethicone– a combination of silicone and moisturizing PCA. It provides a long lasting, silky smooth skin feel.
- Olivem® (Cetearyl Olivate and Sorbitan Olivate)– a combination of fatty acids that restore and maintain the integrity of the skin barrier.
- Squalane– a major component of human skin surface lipids (or oils). It helps keep skin soft and healthy, and its antioxidant capabilities help protect from harsh effects of the environment. It facilitates the permeation of the active ingredients and prevents the loss of water from the skin, improving skin appearance and health.
- Acai Berry– native to tropical Central and South America. Acai pulp is rich in oleic acid, palmitic acid, and linoleic acid, as well as Vitamins B, C, and E. This berry has high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties and has been used topically for its astringent and antibacterial properties.
- Sphingolipids– balance surface lipids, regenerate healthy cells, and moisturize. This ingredient emulsifies and binds oil and water.
- Hyaluronic Acid– naturally occurs in the dermis of human skin and has water binding properties. It increases skin suppleness and strength, strengthens the intercellular matrix, and smoothes the skin.
- Phospholipids– assist in barrier repair, improve barrier function, and protect from outside aggressors and bacteria. They constitute membranes of living cells, and modulate their fluidity and permeability.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder– soothes and calms redness and inflammation, and it provides gentle hydration while protecting the skin from external aggression.
- Bisabolol (L-Alpha)– acts as an anti-inflammatory and promotes wound healing, reduces sensitivity, and alleviates heat while soothing skin irritation.
Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Olivate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Squalane, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract, Sphingolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Phospholipids, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Pollia Condensata Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Bisabolol (L-alpha), Honey (Mel), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Madecassoside, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol (D-alpha), Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phytic Acid, Citric Acid, Alcohol Denat., Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid
Check out Nicole’s tips on how to use the Acai Berry Moisturizer!
Check out my article from when my Mom and I went on a pineapple tour in Hawaii! It’s got some fab tips on why you should add pineapple to your diet, and if you decide on fresh pineapple, learn how to pick the right one and how to store it to get the best flavor! I love the frozen Kirkland brand pineapple from Costco. It smells like you have just cut into a fresh pineapple.
Spiced Golden Pear
Love this amazing smelling combo. One of the things I love about Skin Script’s enzymes is I can custom create the perfect blend for you. Maybe just the pear enzyme is what your skin needs but maybe you need a pinch of glycolic or maybe a later of our 2% Retinol Scrub/Mask or we can even mix it with another enzyme for a different kind of boost. Worried that it might be too much for you? We can always cut any enzyme with a mask to tame it down a bit. There really are perfect blends for any skin type. But back to the pears…..
The Golden Pear Spiced Enzyme helps to hydrate the skin and …
- Pyrus Communis (Pear) Fruit has a moisturizing pectin and a Vitamin C antioxidant to protect skin from oxidative stress. It is nourishing, protective and an astringent.
- 5% Lactic which exfoliates, hydrates and reduces pigmentation discolorations. It also helps to improve fine lines and helps to create smoother skin.
- Pinolumin which is a concentrated extract of Swiss stone pine (trees) that calms skin hypersensitivity and reduces skin redness.
Followed by Skin Script’s Frankincense/Myrrh Nourishing Mask that is creamy and hydrating.
- Frankincense and Myrrh oils from tree resin/sap that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Clove oil is an antioxidant and also provides antibacterial properties.
Both the enzyme and mask contains a fabulous blend of skincare yumminess, we call The Winter Complex.
Winter Complex that includes:
- DermaPep peptide with retinoic effects to stimulate collagen and reduce photo-damage
- Ayurvedic plant Indian Senna to hydrate dry skin
- Mirabilis Jalapa Flower to soothe sensitive skin
This is a limited time facial so be sure to schedule your appointment soon! This 1 hour treatment is $70.
Looking to try a new Holiday Recipe? Try this yummy MacIntosh Muffin Recipe from my friend Eileen. You can make muffins, mini loaves or really use any tin you have on hand!
MacIntosh Muffin Recipe:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups MacIntosh apples, chopped, and peeled). You can substitute with other types of baking apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut
Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Fill greased muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake in oven 350 degrees for 252 minutes or until golden brown. These muffins will not have much of a “crown: on top and they are very dense in texture.
Makes 2-3 dozen muffins.
New Guidelines Until Further Notice:
- Please wait in your car until I am able to escort you into the shop.
- Text me when you are in the parking lot – 864.271.2710 (Please program my number in your phone)
- We are limiting the number of people in the studio. Only the person having a service is permitted in the treatment room or studio.
Please reschedule if:
- You have had a cough, fever or been around someone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days
- If you are living with anyone who is sick or quarantined
Out of the office:
- Nov 26 – Nov 30
- Dec 24 – Dec 27
- Dec 31 – Jan 4
Sundays I will be working the rest of 2020 and 2021:
- Nov 15 (2020)
- Dec 20 (2020)
- Jan 31 (2021)
- Feb 28 (2021)
- March 28 (2021)
- April 25 (2021)
- May 23 (2021)
- June 27 (2021)
We have set time aside specifically for you. Should you need to reschedule for any reason please do so 24 hours in advance. If you do not show up for your appointment or you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment, you are responsible for your service. Your credit card will be processed.
I will do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times, just realize there is only one of me! To help provide the best service to all my fab clients please be sure to add your appointments to your calendar.
You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments.
Did you know a text reminder option is also available? Please let Nicole know at your appointment so she can add this option. There will be one text that comes two days prior to your appointment.