Happy Mother’s Day!
Be sure to celebrate your Mom, Grandma, Auntie or whoever that female is that’s helped you grow, learn, who changed your diapers, fixed your skinned knees or broken bones.
Tell her thank you in whatever way is best for her. Would she appreciate a home cooked dinner; a night at the theater; some yard work done; or–my favorite–a facial! 😇 You can purchase a gift certificate at the shop or online.
However you tell your Mom “Thank you and I Love You!” I’m sure she will appreciate it.
Nicole and Smokey
May is Melanoma Awareness Month
Every year I harp on you about May being Melanoma Awareness Month – I give you the numbers, I say you have to protect yourself, I give you specials on suncreen and I remind you to have your yearly once over with your dermatologist. Are you listening to me?? Well – just in case you missed it the last 500 times I’ve told you here is a shortened version.
Prevention Guidelines from the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 A.M. and 4 P.M.
- Do not burn.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Keep newborns out of the sun. Sunscreens should be used on babies over the age of six months.
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month.
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
As an add on – use a SPF30 for more intense sun exposure. Our powdered sunscreens can be used on pregnant women and babies – just check with your doctor.
Apply your sunscreen before you put on your bathing suit! Your bathing suit moves and you will not always hit all those places if you already have your suit on. Totally got part of my butt burnt one time! Learned my lesson. Remember to reapply every hour when you are at the beach, lake or the slopes!
Protect Yourself With Raspberry Moon’s Great Variety of Sunscreens
Tried and True, a great mineral makeup line. I use one of our Primers (Skin Brightener, Skin Bronzer or SPF30 Primer) and our SPF30 Tinted Powder.
Brush on Block Mineral Sunscreen
SPF30 Mineral Sun Screen that is translucent. I actually tried this out on a client with dark skin and it was totally clear within a few seconds.
For all of my Vegan Peeps – BRUSH ON BLOCK is vegan-friendly and is made of synthetic hairs and the mineral powder contains no animal by-products.
BRUSH ON BLOCK can safely be applied to children 6 months of age and older and is easier than many leading lotions, sprays or sticks. For children under 6 months, please check with your doctor. I still mostly use minerals for my face, neck, ears, scalp and maybe décolleté area. I use spray sunscreen for everything else.
All formulas contain approximately 10 organic ingredients and a signature beach themed all-natural non-synthetic scent, while remaining free from Oxybenzone, Parabens, and Retinyl Palmitate. All Hang Ten Sunscreens provide high performance, non-greasy water resistance formulas testing out at the maximum FDA allowed claim of 80 minutes water resistance. High Performance Natural Sunscreen for all generations!
Raspberry Moon carries SPF30 and SPF50 Mineral Sunscreen Lotions, SPF30 and SPF 50 Classic Spray.
Read more about the founder of HangTen and his philosophy in this Real Simple article.
During the month of May, receive a free bag with purchase of $75 in sun protection from Raspberry Moon! (While supplies last.)
Facial of the Month – Sangria Swirl Facial
Time to get ready for those cool summer drinks, and why not have a facial version as well!
Contains grapes and papain for very gentle exfoliation. Perfect for normal and sensitive skin. It promotes exfoliation and protection from environmental damage while relieving the surface signs of aging.
Goji Berry Yogurt Mask
Goji Berry helps in rebuilding the skin. Anti aging results can be seen by the reduction of lines and wrinkles in addition to an improvement in the skin’s elasticity. Yogurt moisturizes, smooths, and stimulates cellular regeneration.
One hour of Indulgence is only $70
Please Review Raspberry Moon
Just a reminder, we are on Facebook and Instagram, and we love reviews so if you can take the time on any of the review platforms – Facebook, Google, Yelp, or another you love – that would be amazing and awesome.
Thank you in advance for your time and patronage.
Your loyal support over the years is truly appreciated and I feel so blessed to have some clients since the very beginning in 2002/2003!
Appointments and Online Booking
Did you know that we now have an online booking system? Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). This system enables us to send appointment confirmations, reminders, and allows you to change your appointment.
I do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times. If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand. You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments. If you do not show up for your appointment you will be charged the full service or if cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged a $25 fee. I understand emergencies happen but we all need to respect each other’s time.
Out of the office:
- April 27 to May 6 – I am heading out to AZ for a Skincare Business and Wellness Retreat with SkinScripts. This is the line of skincare I have been using for some fun new enzymes and masks. I really have enjoyed using their product line and their education is top notch. I can’t wait to see what all we learn and in a beautiful setting in Tempe, AZ. Then I am off to Salt Lake City for a few days to see some friends, check out their new adventure – Prohibition Ink. My friends are fabulous artists so I am going to pick their brains for some design advice on my new project that I will tell you about soon!
- July 5 to July 15 – Annual Trip with Mom and Niece
Sundays I will be working in 2017:
- May 21
- June 25
- July 23
- August 20