We had a great time at our Ladies Lunch and Learn in April. We are a quarter of the way to making our goal of $1,250 for providing a Happy House for a family in Haiti. Check out Haitian Health Foundation for more information. There is a collection box at the shop feel free to drop in some cash or checks made out to Haitian Health Foundation. I will send the donation to them at the end of the month.
Check the blog to see what fun we had.
We are also doing a fund raiser for those who are in affected by the earthquake in Nepal. This is a great way to donate as some of the larger agencies are having challenges getting supplies and money where it needs to be. Our money goes directly to Dipesh with Rugged Trails Nepal , our Sherpa for our trek in September on the Anapurna Sanctury loop. Rugged Trails Nepal has been working hard at getting supplies where they are needed. The country is a mess, 80-90% of the historical sites have been destroyed.
Don’t forget Mom this Sunday!
Need a last minute Mother’s Day gift? Remember you can buy instant Raspberry Moon Gift Certificates online. It’s a gift that always fits!
Love you guys and Happy Spring!!!!
Nicole and Embers
New Product – St. Tropez Mousse Self Tanner
So excited to finally have St. Tropez Mousse Self Tanner in stock, this is my favorite self tanner. It goes on easily and is colored so you can see what you are doing right away. It has a nice color. I always use nitrile gloves to keep my hands from getting stained. I mostly use this on my legs only. It is a super lightweight, velvety mousse that dries in about 1 minute.
- Gently exfoliate before moisturizing dry areas thoroughly with a moisturizer (particularly elbows, knees, ankles, and feet).
- Then, pump the mousse into your palm and sweep it from top to toe making sure you’re well covered as it’s only missed areas that can look patchy.
- Once you’ve got even coverage, wait for 60 seconds before getting dressed. Then try not to get wet, or perspire, for at least four hours.
- A patch test is recommended at least 24 hours prior to use.
- If there are any adverse reactions, do not continue to use.
- Don’t apply to broken, irritated or sensitive skin.
- Stop using if your skin becomes irritated.
- Wash palms thoroughly after use.
- Self tan may stain, so take care not to get it on furnishings, wool, nylon, paintwork or pale hair.
- Try not to get into your eyes, if you do, simply rinse thoroughly with water.
- Avoid contact with lips. For external use only.
- Sun safety warning: This product does not contain a sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn. Repeated exposure of unprotected skin while tanning may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer, and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn.
$42 for 8 oz
Essential Oil Tips and Recipes
Last month for our Women’s Social Business Group we had Cate from Pure on Main come talk to us about essential oils that are great to use in the spring and summer. Here are a few things that she recommended and we have a blog post with more information coming soon.
- 2 Best Essential Oils for every First Aid Kit – Lavender and Tea Tree. I prefer the Lavender Spikey – it has a little bolder presences and is kinda sassy.
- Need some instant headache relief? Blend together 1-2 drops of Lavender and 1 drop of Peppermint and rub on the temples, between the eyebrows and for me on the back of the neck. Wipe your hands with a tissue so you can inhale the Essential Oils here and there throughout the day. I almost had to call in sick a few Fridays ago. You guys know I hardly ever call in sick. My head hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out or throw up. I took Aleve that didn’t budge it. Tina rubbed that concoction on me and my headache was almost completely gone in 15 mins.
- Lavender is great if you have a burn or were bitten or stung. Just remember when you are working with small children you don’t need to put EO on every bite! That is way too much for their little bodies to process.
We are now carrying some EO at the shop. So be sure to check with us or stop in to see Cate at Pure on Main. They offer a high quality brand of EO at a very affordable price. If you want to know more make an appointment with Cate for a private consultation.
Some EO you need to be very careful using and most need to be used with a carrier oil. Some oils like citrus make your skin sensitive to the sun. Please do your research or talk with an expert about how to use correctly. EO are not really meant to be ingested they are made for inhalation therapy, added to baths and topical use.
Did you know that we now have an online booking system? Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). We are slowly but surely moving everything over to this new system. The new system will enable us to send appointment confirmations, reminders, and allow you to change your appointment.
I do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times. If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand. You should be receiving your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand as well.
Out of the office:
- I will be traveling to PA every month to see Shoopy (my Grandfather) and Nana. Shoopy’s cancer is back and we are waiting to hear if the first round of chemo this time is working. Right now I am just scheduled for one Sunday in May and June. They will be long days. Other Sundays may open depending on my trips and client needs. Thank you for your understanding during this time. I know they can’t stay forever but I am still not ready just yet.
Out of town Aug 8 to Aug 14 – yearly trip with Mom – this year San Francisco! This of course all depends on Shoopy
I will be out of the country with limited to no Internet from Sept 2 to Oct 14. I got myself into another trekking trip! China, Tibet, Nepal and India – just think of the fun things I’ll have for the holidays this year!
Sundays I will be working through the end of June:
- May 17
- June 21