So much rain! LOL We have been on a house mission since the beginning of April. Things are finally all coming together and coming to a halt for a while. Super excited to have some beautiful new plants in my yard. My friend Virginia’s son Issac has been helping me with picking the main plants and then I can add stuff as I go along.
Here are some great options for amazing plants locally:
- McLean Maple Farm – Great farm specializing in Japanese Maples. We got an Orangeola and are looking to see where we can plant a Tamukeyama. Angie has a great variety, she is very knowledgeable and has good prices. We will be back for sure.
- Head Lee Nursery – Tina and I took a ride up here to get the Baptista and Fothergilla – I can’t wait for these to grow and show off their cool colors. I got this cool grass that I call Dr Seuss Grass. I love it!
- Lichtenfelts Nursery – We ended up with a beautiful Black Lace Elderberry from Lichtenfelts. The leaves on this are so pretty.
- Then I found this great place in Lyman that is another small nursery. I am not sure there is a name but it is 1596 Highway 357 in Lyman – they are only open Fri & Sat 8-5 and Sunday 12-5 Their prices are great and they have a nice selection. The owner was super helpful. We picked up a few things – this Heuchera ‘Forever Purple” was just so fun but I did contain myself and only got like 5 plants, LOL.
The garden is looking a little rough but hopefully, she will produce for us this summer after she dries out some!
What yard projects have you been doing? If anyone has hostas or other plants that they need to break apart, let me know! I am hoping in a few years I can pay it forward to new gardeners. I have plants from several different friends and it is just nice when they sprout up new each year.
Until we connect, create a beautiful day,
The 5 in 5 Immunity Boosting Series has Begun
I am teaming up with some lovely local ladies to bring you the first line up in the 5 in 5 Series. This series will focus on how to build your immune system through supplements, mental health, food, exercise and sleep.
- May 27 – Betsy Exton with Pure on Main – Watch Betsy discuss her top 5 supplements in this video right now.
- June 3 – Jen Carter with Carter Coaching covers 5 Immune Boosting Changes you can make to your life.
- June 10 – Katherine Taylor RDN with Fruition Your Nutrition
- June 17 – Liz Delaney with Greenville Yoga
- June 24 – Yours Truly
Treatment(s) of the Month – A Virtual Visit to Hawaii
Since you can’t really go to Hawaii on vacation right now, we can bring the islands to you with this month’s facial options. Maybe your skin is feeling the need for some love, so there are not one but two amazing Treatment of the Month options this month at The Moon!
Between the rolling ocean waves, a heated mattress pad and the aromas of the islands in our Summer Refresher Facial or the Hawaiian Papaya Facial, you can pretend you are at the beach soaking up some Vitamin Sea!
Summer Refresher Facial
This is sort of like a pina colada for your skin. The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality as well as a tasty treat and skincare ingredient.
The Pineapple Enzyme contains bromelain, which provides a gentle softening and brightening exfoliation and has loads of pro-aging Vitamin C. Followed by the Lychee Nourishing Mask, a delightfully rich and sweet creamy mask. Lychee is a tropical fruit and means “gift for loyal life.” Lychee has tons of benefits which you can read about on our blog. The mask contains a Summer Complex of SymCalmin®, that helps to reduce heat rash, Vitamin C to address dark spots and Dermasyr10™ to manage breakouts.
Hawaiian Papaya Facial (not for those with nut allergies)
This Hawaiian blend of papaya, kukui nuts, macadamia nuts, and floral extracts come together this summer for a facial for most skin types (except sensitive). Tropical Papaya Enzyme contains papaya enzymes plus the papaya seeds to gently loosen and dissolve dull skin cells and impurities to reveal fresh vibrant skin.
Kukui & Macadamia Nourishing Mask is packed with antioxidants, hydration and anti-inflammatory ingredients. The kukui and macadamia nut oils (as well as hyaluronic acid) soften and heal dry, chapped skin. The flowers chamomile, plumeria, and orchid moisturize and reduce inflammation. Also packed full of Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate) and Vitamin E (Tocopherol) for a surge of antioxidants for bright, glowing skin.
Either of these one hour treatments is $70
Tropical Seas Reef Safe Sunscreen
Here at The Moon Reef Safe Sunscreens are stocked and ready for your summer fun.
- Reef Safe SunCare has been around since 1996
- Is a US product from Ormond Beach, FL
- Has been scientifically proven to biodegrade in oceans, lakes and rivers in less than 90 days
- Independent laboratory tests to support and authenticate safe for coral, non-toxic to sea life as well as the biodegradability of the lotions.
- Reef Safe’s water resistant formula allows less than three percent of the product to come off after 80 minutes of activity in water.
- At Reef Safe it’s not just about the ingredients, it’s about how those ingredients are processed.
At the shop and online we’re carrying the following:
- Reef Kids® Oxybenzone Free Eco-Friendly Sprayable SPF 30 Biodegradable Sunscreen
- Reef Safe Sun® Oxybenzone Free Eco-Friendly Sprayable SPF 50
- Reef Safe Sun® Oxybenzone Free Eco-Friendly Sprayable Expedition BackCountry® SPF 30 Biodegradable Sunscreen that has the bug repellent in it too
Check out these links for more information on why Tropical Seas should be in your sun-safe arsenal bag!
PK Nights continue in August
PechaKucha is a quick, concise format to tell a story or give a presentation with 20 slides and only 20 seconds per slide! So in 6 minutes and 40 seconds you have told your story.
PK for June has been cancelled, but hope to see you in August!
Do you have something you would like to share with us? We would love to chat with you, send us an email and let’s PechaKucha!
Check out our event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2280664445540539/
You can sign up for our newsletters/blog posts to stay in the know at: https://www.pechakucha.com/cities/greenville
Appointments and Online Booking
Book your appointments online for faster service! Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). This system enables us to send appointment confirmations, reminders and allows you to change your appointment.
I will do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times, just realize there is only one of me!
To help provide the best service to all my fab clients please be sure to add your appointments to your calendar.
If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand.
You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments. If you do not show up for your appointment or cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged the full service. I understand emergencies happen but we all need to respect each other’s time.
Did you know a text reminder option is also available? Please let Nicole know at your appointment so she can add this option. There will be one text that comes two days prior to your appointment.
Out of the office:
- Working a shorter schedule July 25 – August 10
- Nov 26 – Nov 30
- Dec 24 – Dec 27
- Dec 31 – Jan 4
Sundays I will be working the rest of 2020:
- June 14
- July 12
- Aug 16
- Sept 13
- Oct 11
- Nov 15
- Dec 20