Summer is here and the heat is on! Remember to wear your sunscreen, wear protective clothing and drink your fluids! Check out later in this newsletter for our 10 tips for Healthy Skin this Summer.
Did you know we have a Blog? You can now sign up to get our blog posts via email. We’ve written several blogs posted recently about what we learned at the Ladies Lunch and Learn, great tips for using Essential Oils, and whatever else I think is interesting.
Thank you for all the well wishes, prayers, emails, texts and hugs in regards to my Grandparents.
Tuesday, June 2nd I lost one of the most important people in my world. My Pap was old school – he didn’t complain he just got things done.
He was a Marine during WWII in the Midway Islands. He would later join the Army, do a tour in Vietnam and eventually retire as a SgtMajor.
He taught me to drive a stick; how to change a tire in the snow; how to cut wood; how to be strong and lots of other things that you just take for granted. We always joked we needed to open our own driving school because most people can’t drive worth shit.
He was always there even if he didn’t say much. I don’t know what I will do without him. He and my Nan are my best friends. Our conversations always ended with “Watch the Ice” and “Talk to you later”.
Pap didn’t always say I love you but you always knew he did.
So, Watch the ice, Shoopy! I will talk with you later!
Nicole and Embers
Win a Beach Ready Sunscreen Bag!
Win a Beach Ready Sunscreen Bag with all of the following goodies:
- Colorescience Beach Bag
- SPF35 Lip Gloss
- Beach Towel
- Love Hair Bands
- NewNeoprene Sunglass Strap
- Full Size Hang Ten Sunscreen
- Samples of Colorescience SPF30 Primer and SPF45 Coola Classic Sport
A $100 Retail Value and it could all be yours! There are several ways that you can win:
- Come in for a service this month
- Refer a new client who comes in during the month of June
- Purchase of retail items over $25
- Write a review on Yelp, Google or Facebook
- Share a link to our newsletter or blog posts on Facebook (be sure to tag us so we know you shared it)
- Comment on one of our Facebook Posts
So there are a half dozen different ways your name can be entered, each method gives you one entry. You can do one or you can do all six!
The winner’s name will be drawn on the close of business on Tuesday, June 30th. Just in time for the 4th of July!
Tips for Healthy Summer Skin
You may need to change up your skincare routine a little in the summer.
- Is your moisturizer too heavy for the day time? Would a moisturizing serum work better? Do you find your skin getting oily during the day?
- Perhaps we need to change your cleanser from a milky hydrating cleanser to something more exfoliating or astringent.
- Remember your sunscreen – we have 3 different options in the shop for sun protection: Colorescience, Coola and new Hang Ten.
Changes in your diet should also take place:
- Drink fluids more at room temperature and not ice cold. You can add lemons, limes, cucumbers, mint or other herbs to your water to have something different. I love Chlorphyll and Mint added to my water.
- Watch all the grilling out and meat eating. Be sure to add fresh veggies to your menu whether on the grill or in salads.
- This is a great time for juicing! Blend melons by themselves, blend tropical fruits together (oranges, grapefruit, mango, banana, etc) and berries, apples, pears and grapes together.
- Vegetables together are great – try juicing some carrot with ginger for a refreshing summer drink.
- Keep drinking your hot herbal teas – we have some great teas from EarthAngels.
Changes to your dress:
- Wear clothing/shoes that allows the skin and feet to breathe.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses.
A Special Poo-Pourri Collection for Dad and Big Clearance Sale
In stock for Father’s Day! The Master Crapsman gift set includes a 2oz Heavy Doody and a 2oz Poo-tonium Before-You-Go Toilet Spray.
These are 2 of my favorite scents and looks like they are being discontinued! :( So get them while you can.
$22 while supplies last
Huge Clearance Sale Going On!
I really need to move some inventory out to make room for all of the fun things I have coming in, so my loss is your gain!
Check out all the amazing goodies at 50% off! We have items for all ages. Great for gifts or get a little something for yourself!
Sunday Appointments and Fall Peel Series
Are you interested in starting a peel series in the fall? I will be running a special in August (I think it is going to be a great one!) but if you know for sure that you want to do it, you are welcome to book your series now to get the times that are best for you. I know it is kind of far out but it will book up quickly.
Did you know that we now have an online booking system? Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). This system enables us to send appointment confirmations, reminders, and allows you to change your appointment.
I do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times. If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand. You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments. If you do not show up for your appointment or cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged a $25 no show fee. I understand emergencies happen but we all need to respect each other’s time.
Out of the office:
- I will be traveling to PA every month to see Nana. The loss of my Grandfather is devastating to her. My grandparents would have been married 62 years this August! Thank you for your understanding during this time. I know they can’t stay forever but letting them go is so hard.
Out of town Aug 8 to Aug 14 – yearly trip with Mom – this year San Francisco! This of course all depends on Nana.
I will be out of the country with limited to no Internet from Sept 2 to Oct 14. I got myself into another trekking trip! China, Tibet, Nepal and India – just think of the fun things I’ll have for the holidays this year!
Sundays I will be working through the end of October:
- June 21
- July 19
- August 30
- October 18 and 25