Oh the Month of LOVE is upon us, as is the cold weather! With that comes the cranked up heater, dry and maybe even red, sensitive skin. In this newsletter you will find some great info on what the heck is going on and some tips to make everything right again.
I am excited to be going to Asheville at the end of the month to an educational seminar by The Institute of Brain Potential on Listening to the Body: Understanding the Language of Stress-Related Symptoms. Stay tuned for some more info.
So I was looking for what kind of fun things go on in February. In Canada they have Flag Day and of course the first thing I thought of was Sheldon Cooper’s Fun with Flags! So sidetrack happened! Here is a little fun for you:
Oh Sheldon – Don’t be a Sheldon and drive your partner crazy on Valentine’s Day – just get her a gift certificate from Raspberry Moon! You can pick it up at the shop (just remember I will be gone Feb 14 to Feb 18) or you can simply do everything online.
In love and adventure,
Help Us Improve! Surveys Coming to Your Inbox Soon
We will be emailing out some surveys in the next few weeks on different topics, such as this newsletter, our social media posts, our blog, and our services. We would love your feedback so we can continue to grow and provide you with the content, services, and products that are most beneficial to you.
If you can, please take the time to really let us know what you think.
The Raspberry White Peach Facial – Treatment of the Month
The Raspberry White Peach Facial smells divine and leaves that winter skin behind! This treatment is very nourishing, hydrates the skin, is soothing, and has anti-inflammatory properties. The Raspberry Peach Enzyme is safe even for pregnant women and is good for normal/combination, dry, sensitive, photo-damaged and aging skin.
The Raspberry Peach Enzyme includes:
- Raspberry contains high levels of polyphenol antioxidant ellagic acid, which soothes skin irritations, acts as an astringent, and provides anti-inflammatory-like benefits.
- White Peach is softening to the skin, an excellent emollient, and aromatically relaxing.
- Pumpkin is an exfoliant that stimulates cell turnover with Vitamins C and A, antioxidant carotenoids, and beta-carotene.
- Hibiscus Flower is a gentle alternative to AHAs and has a moisturizing effect. It is an antioxidant that maintains skin elasticity, tones, and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
The White Peach Nourishing Mask features:
- White Peach is softening to the skin, an excellent emollient, and aromatically relaxing.
- Glycerin acts as an emollient and lubricant. It can also be a humectant and draw moisture from the air to the skin.
- Dermapep™ A350 promotes collagen synthesis and inhibition of melanin synthesis.
- Indinyl® CA is extracted from the seeds of the ayurvedic plant Indian Senna (Cassia Angustifolia). Similar to hyaluronic acid in that it loves water and forms a film that protects, restructures and moisturizes.
- Pacifeel™ fades redness of reactive skin up to 27%. It soothes sensitive skin by telling the epidermis and nerve endings to chill out.
- Squalane helps keep skin soft and healthy.. Its antioxidant capabilities help protect from harsh effects of the environment. It helps active ingredients permeate and prevents the loss of water from the skin, improving skin appearance and health.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) is an anti-aging antioxidant that protects skin from free radicals.
This is a great treatment for that dry, irritated winter skin!
This one hour treatment is $70
Help! Everything I use on my skin makes me react!
So I have heard this a lot from people over the years. Let’s look at what can cause stress on the cell membrane and cause the skin to be sensitive.
- Harsh Products
- Improper use of Products
- Environmental Stress (work, play, lifestyle)
- Extremes of Climate: UVA, UVB, UVC exposure
- Excessive Exfoliation
- Excessive Washing
- Poor Nutrition
- Lack of Sleep
Different Types of Sensitive Skin
Did you know there are different kinds of sensitive skin?
- Sensitive skin in general is easily irritated with unpredictable, yet minor reactions.
- Reactive skin will act up upon contact with products that normally should be ok to use.
- Irritated skin shows signs of inflammation, redness, heat, pain and swelling.
No matter how you slice it, your skin needs some LOVE!
So how do we fix this?
- First by using the right type of professional-grade products that are soothing, hydrating and gentle to the skin.
- Sunscreen is an absolute must.
- Also, stay away from products with fragrance, dyes and perfumes.
- Drink LOTS of Water!
- And wash/shower with cool-to-warm water, not hot.
It will take at least 6 weeks to repair your skin. You may start to feel changes before that but know it takes time to rebuild the cells that have been destroyed.
Ingredients that the skin loves when it needs some love:
- Hyaluronic Acid – helps bind moisture to the skin
- Bisabolol – anti-inflammatory and soothing from the chamomile plant
- Aloe Vera – soothes, hydrates and calms
- Vitamin E – oil-soluble antioxidant
- Vitamin C – reactivates Vitamin E
- Rosehip – healing oil that improves skin hydration and regulates sebum
- Beta Carotene – improves cell function and is an antioxidant
Check out our Skin Lovin’ Kit below for lots of these skin-friendly ingredients in one place.
Skin Lovin’ Kits – Product of the Month
Are you ready to kick that red, reactive skin to the curb like last year’s bad boyfriend and start your journey to healthier, softer, more glowy skin? If so, this is the kit for you!
Here are some amazing products that could help start to repair your skin:
- Pomegranate Antioxidant Cleanser
- Cucumber Hydrating Toner
- Cacteen or Acai berry Moisturizer – depending on your skin type
- and of course SUNSCREEN!
This kit comes in two sizes:
Ready for Lovin’ – full size professional grade Skin Script Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer, soft make-up remover wash cloth, Colorescience SPF50 Travel Brush and Face Shield. Retail value is $136 to 141 depending on the moisturizer.
Puppy Love – 2oz Travel Size Cleanser and Toner with Mini Travel moisturizer and SPF30 Sunscreen. Retail value $31-32.
We aren’t allowed to tell you the sale price online, but mention the newsletter at the shop and get a “sweetheart” of a deal on either of these kits!
Spa for Spays
We are proud to be a sponsor and practitioner again at the 14th Annual Spa for Spays presented by United Community Bank.
When: Thursday, March 12, 2020
Where: Zen – An Elegant Space for Hire 924 S Main St, Greenville, South Carolina 29601
For just $50.00, guest receives one spa service of their choice (massage, reflexology, etc.), delicious appetizers, a fabulous unique boutique, amazing silent auction, and more! Guests can also purchase an entry ticket for $35.00 with no spa service.
Speak for Animals is dedicated to helping people in need receive low cost and no cost spay/neuter services and vaccinations. Our goal is to reduce dog/cat overpopulation in the Upstate by focusing on this overlooked demographic.
Speak for Animals is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit serving animals and families across the upstate of South Carolina.
PK Nights continue in 2020
PechaKucha is a quick, concise format to tell a story or give a presentation with 20 slides and only 20 seconds per slide! So in 6 minutes and 40 seconds you have told your story.
Our 2020 PechaKucha Dates are set! Please join us:
- March 6
- June 5
- August 7
- October 2
Do you have something you would like to share with us? We would love to chat with you, send us an email and let’s PechaKucha!
Check out our event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2280664445540539/
You can sign up for our newsletters/blog posts to stay in the know at: https://www.pechakucha.com/cities/greenville
Appointments and Online Booking
Book your appointments online for faster service! Check it out at www.RaspberryMoonST.com (click the Book Your Appointment button on the right). This system enables us to send appointment confirmations, reminders and allows you to change your appointment.
I will do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times, just realize there is only one of me!
To help provide the best service to all my fab clients please be sure to add your appointments to your calendar.
If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment please let me know a minimum of 2 days beforehand.
You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments. If you do not show up for your appointment or cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged the full service. I understand emergencies happen but we all need to respect each other’s time.
Did you know a text reminder option is also available? Please let Nicole know at your appointment so she can add this option. There will be one text that comes two days prior to your appointment.
Out of the office:
- February 14-18 – Out of town
- February 21 – Asheville for an Institute of Brain Potential Class – Listening to the Body: Understanding the Language of Stress-Related Symptoms
- March 31 to April 13 – in Austin, TX for MotoGP Racing
Sundays I will be working the first half of 2020:
- Feb 23
- March 22
- April 19
- May 17
- June 14