It is the Year of the Ox! Chinese New Year begins on February 12, 2021.
The ox was the 2nd animal to cross the river securing his place in the Chinese Zodiac. He came in 2nd because the rat was a little sneaky – to learn more about how the Chinese Animals came to be check out this short video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=may2s9j4RLk
Check out this neat article for some foods you may want to try – https://chinesenewyear.net/food/ – But if you don’t want to attempt these dishes or something similar on your own, stop over and see Alva at Asia Pacific, tell her Nicole with the purple hair sent you. Their food is awesome. I have a lot of favorites there – The egg rolls are homemade and a must. If you order ahead of time you might be able to get some vegetarian ones. Here is a quick list of the foods I love:
Scrambled Eggs with Bitter Melon or Nira Flower
Nira Flower and Clams
Any of the Fried Rices
Stir Fried Chinese Vegetables
Kimichee Hot Pot Soup
Stir Fried Veggies and Squid
I know there are several more but this will give you a good start. I try to experience something different each time. The menu is pretty big.
Gung hei faat coi
Blessing for wealth and prosperity,
Product of the Month
SKIN SCRIPT PEPTIDE EYE SERUM, only $30!
Perfect for skin with dark under eye circles and puffiness
.5 oz – The Peptide Eye Serum opens the eye zone for a refreshed, youthful appearance. It brightens the appearance of discolorations, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, stimulates circulation, and improves tissue strength while encouraging healthy cellular skin functions.
- Alleviates dark under eye circles
- Encourages proper moisture levels
- Plumps eye tissue
- Improves circulation
- Soothes and calms
- Tightens and firms
- Lessens the appearance of wrinkles
HOW TO USE:
Use morning and evening regularly for up to 50% improvement in dark circles .To apply, pat lightly on the eye area and allow it to penetrate the skin. Keep using the product, or dark circles will reappear.
- EyelissTM is a combination of Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Dipeptide-2, and Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone. It helps prevent and reduce puffiness under the eyes.
- HaloxylTM is a combination of Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 3. It reinforces firmness and tones up the eye area. It also facilitates the elimination of blood pigments responsible for dark circle coloration and inflammation.
- Argireline® (Acetyl Hexapeptide-8) is a powerful anti-wrinkle hexapeptide to relax facial tension, leading to the reduction of facial lines and wrinkles.
- L Ascorbic Acid improves skin elasticity, decreases wrinkles by stimulating collagen synthesis, and suppresses cutaneous pigmentation.
- Phytic Acid is a natural antioxidant, extracted from wheat and rice and has a powerful chelating effect on iron. It provides gentle keratolytic effects and aids in cell turnover.
- Tartaric Acid improves skin texture and tone. It is an AHA derived from grapes that forces exfoliation and cellular renewal, softens the skin, and removes keratinization.
- Caffeine stimulates and promotes healthy detoxification.
- Spin Trap (PNB) entraps reactive oxygen species to restore proper chemical structure and spin to destructive molecules. It limits lipid peroxidation and free radical damage.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Glycosaminoglycans, Ascorbic Acid (L), Glycerin, Alcohol, Squalane, Polysorbate 20, Caffeine, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Phenyl t-Butylnitrone (Spin Trap), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Chrysin, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Dipeptide-2, Astaxanthin, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caprylyl Glycol, Glucose (D), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Butylene Glycol, Tartaric Acid (L), Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Phytic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate
How to use:
Check out my article from when my Mom and I went on a pineapple tour in Hawaii! It’s got some fab tips on why you should add pineapple to your diet, and if you decide on fresh pineapple, learn how to pick the right one and how to store it to get the best flavor! I love the frozen Kirkland brand pineapple from Costco. It smells like you have just cut into a fresh pineapple.
Facial of the Month
Skin Refresher Series
Did you know that we offer a series of quick and effective Enzyme Treatments? These are fabulous to give your skin a boost. You don’t always have to do peels to do a skin refresher. I have all sorts of awesome enzymesto choose from, these work most effectively when you are also on a professional line like Skin Script. We can work on lightening and brightening, fine lines and wrinkles, and uneven skin tone just to name a few. Your home care plays a vital role (and your compliance to it) in the health and appearance of your skin. These are generally done 1x/ week in a series of 6. There are 2 options:
If you are a current Raspberry Moon Facial Client using Skin Script we can schedule your series right away. We may need to tweak your routine a little. You will have 1 treatment/week for 6 weeks. Your cost is $180 plus whatever products we may need to add or tweak.
If you are a current Raspberry Moon Facial Client and not using Skin Script, 50 lashes for you! Just kidding, we need to add a mini-consult so we can come up with a great at-home routine for you. Your first session will be longer to include product recommendations and instruction and the remaining 5 will be shorter. $205 plus homecare.
If you are a brand new client then we need to do a more in-depth consultation, go over Skin Script product recommendations and have a full treatment on the first visit and the remaining 5 will follow every week. Your cost will be $280 plus whatever home care we decide is best for your skin.
No matter which option best describes you, there is a program that will fit your needs. Skin Script is an amazing professional skincare line that has clean but active ingredients, is cost-effective and we have something for every skin type. Skincare doesn’t have to be expensive to do an excellent job.
We are almost out of inventory and once they’re gone, they’re GONE! So take advantage of the 30% of!
I love these lipsticks. The colors are beautiful, stay very well, and can be bold or more like a lip stain depending on how you apply it. They have a red to fit every person – I think every woman needs at least one vavavoom lipstick.
We’ve also got Besame lip and blush brushes and rouge! This line is so retro and beautiful. It’s the perfect, special treat for yourself.
Don’t forget to grab a kit of my Favorite Things!
Can you believe this is the beginning of my 19th year! I started on January 15, 2002.
I love this industry, love my work and my clients. So I created this “Love Your Skin” kit of some of my favorite things!
- 3 Piece Skin Script Skincare Travel Kit – Give your skin a treat with a Cleanser, Scrub and Moisturizer
- Travel Size Skin Script Cucumber Toner – LOVE this hydrating toner and can be used as a makeup setting spray!
- Glycerine Hand Cream – my favorite and great for those dry, cracked winter hands
- Microcloth Wash Cloth
- Spa Headband
- Clear Travel Bag
This “Love Your Skin” kit is only $19.19 (plus tax) this is a $35 value
New Guidelines Until Further Notice:
- Please wait in your car until I am able to escort you into the shop.
- Text me when you are in the parking lot – 864.271.2710 (Please program my number in your phone)
- We are limiting the number of people in the studio. Only the person having a service is permitted in the treatment room or studio.
Please reschedule if:
- You have had a cough, fever or been around someone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days
- If you are living with anyone who is sick or quarantined
Out of the office:
- Feb 12-15
- April 16-21
- June 12-15
Sundays I will be working in 2021:
- Feb 28 (2021)
- March 28 (2021)
- April 25 (2021)
- May 23 (2021)
- June 27 (2021)
We have set time aside specifically for you. Should you need to reschedule for any reason please do so 24 hours in advance. If you do not show up for your appointment or you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment, you are responsible for your service. Your credit card will be processed.
I will do my best to get everyone in at their preferred times, just realize there is only one of me! To help provide the best service to all my fab clients please be sure to add your appointments to your calendar.
You will receive an email when you book your appointment and should also receive your appointment reminders via email 2 days beforehand. Please be sure to check your spam folder and add us to your safe list! Remember this is a courtesy reminder, not reading your emails is not a good reason for missing your appointments.
Did you know a text reminder option is also available? Please let Nicole know at your appointment so she can add this option. There will be one text that comes two days prior to your appointment.