It has been a crazy whirlwind since I have been back! Liz from Greenville Yoga and I have been working very hard to put together our events for the month of September on Forgiveness. This is going to be a fabulous month of learning, cleansing and renewal.
My new website is almost ready!
And speaking of renewal, my new website launches this week! We were hoping to go live before sending this newsletter out, but we’re taking a few extra days just to make sure everything is perfect before sharing it with the world. I’ll announce the launch on Facebook, so keep your eyes peeled. It’s so awesome and beautiful, I can’t wait!
(And don’t forget to be checking Facebook or our Gift Certificate page this week for our 10 Days of Celebration Anniversary Sale!)
Let us know what you think of the website in a few days and if there’s something missing that you think we should add. I always love to hear about articles or videos that you have come across in regards to waxing, skincare, or health and beauty in general so please be sure to share.
September is the month of Forgiveness
– and our 10 year anniversary!
Over the last few months I have been doing research on forgiveness and what it means and why you should forgive someone. I have learned a lot and I still have a lot more to learn and to practice.
Join us the month of September to explore the theme of forgiveness and what it really means. I hope that you will be able to attend one, some, or all of the events we are hosting and please share this information with your friends and family. Thank you!
The F Word: Images of Forgiveness
View this powerful art installation from September 3rd through the 15th. It has been seen in over 300 venues worldwide.
Viewing hours of “The F Word: Images of Forgiveness” are from September 3rd-15th:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday- 12-4pm (Fri. only 7:30-9pm)
- Tuesday & Thursday- 1-4pm
- Saturday- 4-7pm
- Sunday- 4-7pm
The F Word shows eighteen images and stories of radical forgiveness. (free)
First Friday: Wine and Cheese Opening Reception
Opening night of The F Word Exhibit. 7:30-9pm (free)
Anniversary Party: Silent Auction, Potluck & Dance Party
This will be a combined celebration with Raspberry Moon and Greenville Yoga. We will host a silent auction to raise money for the Forgiveness Project and Julie Valentine Center. (Be sure to check out our list of silent auction donors below!)
Bring a dish to share from 4-8pm. Stay from 8-10pm to dance the night away with our very own DJ Frank Roth, a former DJ from NYC.
A Day of Forgiveness & Remembrance
Proceeds from all Classes at both Greenville Yoga Studio locations will be donated to the Forgiveness Project.
- All classes will be focused on the theme of forgiveness
- Nicole from Raspberry Moon will be collecting donations and Julie Valentine wish list items in her shop on 9/11 and throughout the month of September.
The Julie Valentine Center works to stop sexual violence and child abuse and is named for an infant who was found deceased in a wooded area in Greenville on a cold February day in 1990. The police named her Julie Valentine. Adopted by the community, her legacy has become a symbol of hope for those who have survived rape or child abuse.
Julie Valentine Wish List
- Juice boxes & individually packaged snacks: pretzels, fruit chews, goldfish crackers, teddy grahams, baked chips, etc. (no peanut butter due to allergies) – These are used in our children’s waiting area as well for all of our groups (parenting, teen groups, etc.)
- Give-away items for teen groups to include: pocket size scented lotions, flavored chapsticks, colored pencils, hand-sized balls (hacky sack type), ball cards, travel size cologne or body spray, etc. (feel free to get other items that teens would like)
- Individually wrapped candies
- Blank recordable DVD (used to record our forensic interviews)
- Copy paper
- Office Supplies (Pens, post-its, legal pads, 10 x 13 envelopes, etc.)
- Toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, plastic forks/knives/spoons, paper plates, Large black trash bags, Hand soap
- Gift cards to be used for any of the above
- Event tickets to be given to our clients families such as movie tickets, Drive baseball game, bowling passes, hockey tickets, BiLo Center events, Frankie’s Fun Park, skating, etc.
Write Your Way to Forgiveness with Heather Marshall
Using creative writing techniques, participants will explore moments of their past that have caused unresolved hurt or shame, will write what acknowledgement, apology or reparation they might want, and envision what their lives might be like if they could relinquish resentment, indignation and anger. 7:30-9pm (donations)
Therese Bartholomew will join us to share her documentary The Final Gift about her brother’s murder and her personal journey of forgiveness. There will be a talk and time for questions and answers. 4-7pm (free)
Yoga, Breathing & Forgiveness with Liz Delaney
Join Liz for a talk that will help you see forgiveness in a new light. Following the talk, practice a gentle flow class with breathwork and meditation that will begin the process of healing. 4-6pm (donations)
September promises to be a powerful month. Hope to see you then!
Special Thanks to Our Silent Auction Donors
Big shout out to all the people who have generously donated items to the Silent Auction on Saturday, September 7 during our Anniversary Party at Greenville Yoga from 4-8 pm. All proceeds benefit The Forgiveness Project and The Julie Valentine Center.
Here is our list of Awesomeness – please be sure to say thank you and give them a high five if you see them. Check out their businesses in person or online – they are local and fabulous. All links open in a new window.
- R U Assertive? Signed Book – $25 (2)
- Mattie R Makeup Artistry – Airbrush makeup application – $65
- Raven Massage – 1 hour Thai Massage – $70
- Raven Massage – 1 hour Relaxation Massage – $70
- Pampered Sole – 1 hour Massage or SET Therapy Session – $70
- Jillian of Mia Alexander – Cut and Stella & Dot Necklace – $90
- Alison Lively of Creative Health – Nutritional Counseling Session – $95
- Alicia Hall of Creative Health – Two 1 hour private yoga classes $95
- Raspberry Moon Skin Therapy – “Hoo-Ha Brazilian Wax Package” – $105
- Amber Space of Mia Alexander – Cut & Color – $115
- Saucy Chica Skincare Kit – $120
- Joel from Athletic Performance Center – 3 Personal Training Sessions – $120
- Cynthia Horner – Chiropractic Evaluation & Adjustment with BioFreeze – $130
- Raspberry Moon Skin Therapy – “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things” Gift Set – $150
- Betsy Exton of Creative Health – 3 Colon Therapy sessions – $240
- Dr. Shoray Kirk – Two 1 hr Relationship Enhancement Sessions – $250
- Dr. Terry Molnar – Two 1 hr Family Coaching Sessions – $250
- Greenville Yoga – “From the Ground Up” 6 Week Beginners’ Yoga Course, Jade Yoga Mat, Max Strom’s Book “No APP for Happiness”- $200
- Nilly Barr – 1.5 hour Parenting Class – $225
- Greenville Yoga – “Consistency Is Key” 3 Months of Yoga, Manduka Yoga Mat, Max Strom’s Book “No APP for Happiness” & shirt- $450
- Mossy Creek – Handcrafted Aquamarine Earrings – $20
- Kay Lurch “Color Your Own T-shirt” with fabric markers and a coloring book – $39
- Mossy Creek – Handcrafted OM Necklace – $42
- Mossy Creek – Handcrafted Bracelet – $75
- Colleen Brown Design – Rose Quartz Forgiveness Bracelet – $28 (2)
- Mimi’s Heart – Hand Crochet Little Girls Owl and Flower Hat – $35
- Mimi’s Heart – Hand Crochet Infant Headband and 2 Flower Hats – $40
- Sherry Davis – Marbled Silk Scarf – $40
- Johnny Nutt Pottery – $75
- Jane Hudson – “Blowing Rock” Pastel with Frame – $80
- Color of Grey Studios – “Peace and Love” 1st Edition Print – $100
- Laura Aiken – Abstract Woman Acrylic Painting – $125
- JJ Olinger – Tiger Print – $120
- Heather Marshall – Purple Ribbon & Wool Scarf – $60
- Yoga Unique – Handmade Yoga Bolster – $80
- Jennifer Lynne Ziemann – “Revival” acrylic on canvas- $150
- W.E. Rogers – “Still Life with Branch” Oil/Board – $250
- 4 Guitar Lessons with J. Michael King – $80
- iPod Nano – $150
- Handlebar Gift Set (hat, two t-shirts, two coozies, 4 tickets to any show) – $175
- Wild Birds Unlimited – Glass Hummingbird Feeder- $55
- Salsa Greenville – 4-week Salsa Group Classes for Two – $90
- Carolina Princess Party – $150
- Brandy & Jaidra of Discordia Arts – 2 Artists for a one hour Henna Party -$150
- Style by Becca – Goody Box – $34
- Elegant Gourmet Simpsonville – Sunday Brunch – $39 (2)
- SC Children’s Theater – Tickets to “Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type” – $43
- Trade Route – Teak Wood Candle Holder – $49
- Jennifer Zeimann – Furniture Art Class – $65
- Needs For New Moms – Baby Gift Bag – $66
- Pink Butterflies Day Spa for Girls – Flutter Fingers Mani, Twinkle Toes Pedi, Butterfly Face Painting – $32
- English for Life – International Basket – $85
- Darlene Fuhst – Clemson Basket – $100 (priceless)
- Rosalinda’s Mexican Restaurant – $40 Gift Certificate (4)