The Science of Beautiful Feet
L.R. and I met Dr. Canuso at the tradeshow in October. She is super nice and L.R. thought we should bring Dr. Canuso’s line of foot care into the shop. I was pretty shocked by this as she had said “oooohh gross” when we had walked by the booth earlier that day. But her tune changed after we took the class, “The Science of Beautiful Feet” taught by Dr. Canuso.
The information below comes from Dr. Canuso’s website and from the class that we attended.
Dr. Dana Canuso is a Podiatric Surgeon and she was recently given the title of one of “America’s Best Podiatrists” and is a member of Mensa. Using her chemistry background combined with her years of clinical experience, Dr. Canuso worked with a world renowned chemist to develop a patent pending line of products designed specifically for feet.
Treating the skin on our feet is difficult for two reasons:
- First, the skin of your feet is thicker than anywhere else on your body
- Second, the fungus that causes dry, cracked heels and fungal toenails lives in the deepest layer of the skin
and there are 2 types of dry skin on the feet:
- Simple – Lack of hydration, age related, climate related, smoking, environmental, or systemic
- Complex – Lack of moisture and fungus
So how do you know which one you have? Basically if you use lotion for 2 days and your feet don’t start to do better that most likely you have a fungus!
So generally when you have dry or maybe even cracked feet, we apply lotion and then socks. The challenge comes if you actually have a fungus and not dry feet. If you actually have a fungus, you have just given the fungus a wicked breeding ground to prosper since it loves dark wet places. According to WebMD, “fungus grows best in a warm, moist environment such as shoes, socks, swimming pools, locker rooms, and the floors of public showers. It is most common in the summer and in warm, humid climates.”
Here’s a fun morning show interview with Dr. Canuso that I thought explained the reasons behind her products really well:
Dr. Canuso wanted to help her clients get rid of nail fungus in a quicker time and without the harmful side effects of oral medications. Foot Repair Serum formulated to penetrate thick skin and attack the fungus where it lives with a proven active ingredient Tolnaftate. And unlike a peel or scrub which simply removes the top layer of dead skin without treating the cause of the problem, Dr. Canuso’s serum allows for an increased concentration of medication to penetrate and kill the fungus that is the root cause of dry, cracked skin in the first place.
Untreated, the fungus that causes dry cracked heels, may eventually jump to your toenails and cause yellow, brittle fungal toenails. So it is imperative that the foot fungus be treated before it infects your toenail. But if you already have fungal toenails, Dr. Canuso Healthy Nail System was specifically designed to treat and clear your toenails. And can be used with polished nails.
Step-1 kills the foot fungus fast that causes toenail fungus while Step-2 promotes the growth of your new healthy clear nails. This patent pending system is a breakthrough in the treatment of fungal toenails and is currently the subject of a clinical study at Temple University.
We carry her Skincare Foot Line at the shop:
Healthy Nail System
Toenail Fungus Treatment
This patent-pending 2-step toenail fungus treatment is guaranteed to clear your nails or your money back.
- Treats the entire foot and eliminates the cause of toenail fungus
- Rejuvenates your thick toenails leaving you with clear, healthy nails
- Developed to provide strikingly clear and rejuvenated nails
- Guaranteed to work by Dr. Canuso
Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
Exfoliate, Cleanse and Deodorize
Organic beeswax microbeads remove impurities and odors while scrubbing away dry skin, leaving your feet feeling clean and silky smooth.
- Cleanse, deodorize and exfoliate your feet
- Antibacterial, antifungal cleanser
- Use daily in the shower and combine with foot repair system for best results
- This is safe to use on children
Foot Repair Serum
Treat Dry, Cracked Heels
This patent-pending serum treats the cause of dry skin and cracked heels. See and feel results in as little as 2 days!
- Treats the deeper issue that causes dry, cracked feet
- Prevents foot fungus
- Ultra light serum dries instantly & leaves your feet as smooth as silk
- Scientifically developed to provide better treatment than moisturizers
- Eliminates foot fungus fast. Get better looking feet in no time