We are excited to announce our Healing the Past, Living the Present and Dreaming the Future series of Healing and Growth with Greenville Yoga. We teamed up together last year to bring you a month of healing through forgiveness. We hope you will join us when you can for our events. These events are open to everyone and we encourage you and would love for you to share these events with your friends and family.
This year we will be raising money and awareness for Safe Harbor. Safe Harbor is a nonprofit organization that provides safe shelter, counseling and advocacy for victims of domestic violence as well as leadership for education and prevention efforts throughout its four-county area of Anderson, Greenville, Oconee and Pickens, South Carolina. We will also have drop boxes at Raspberry Moon and both Greenville Yoga locations to drop off items on their Wish List.
South Carolina has the highest rates of domestic violence resulting in death in the country! In 2011 there were 1,707 females murdered by men in a single victim/single offender incident. 94% of the female victims knew their offender. 61% of those women killed were wives or intimate partners of their killers.
Mark your calendars for the events – more dates will be added in the next few weeks. (Location guide: NMY = North Main Greenville Yoga Location and ARY = Augusta Road Greenville Yoga Location)
- Wednesday, September 10, 6:30-8:30pm – The Spirit Divine – Art & Meditation Class with Jennifer Lynne Ziemann, Artistry Workshops and Gallery, 12 Andrews St, Greenville, South Carolina 29601. RSVP for the class on Facebook.
- Saturday, September 13, 5:00-6:30 pm – Kirtan with Stephanie & Michael Johnson @ NMY. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Sunday, September 14, 4:30-5:30 pm – From Fear to Courage, Yin Yoga Workshop (Lecture and Yoga) with Liz Delaney @ NMY
- Friday, September 26, 7:30 – 8:30 pm – Yoga Nidra (Yoga for PTSD) wtih Jill McBurney @ NMY
- Sunday, September 28, 4:30 – 6:30 pm – Showing of the Documentary Happy followed by Discussion @ ARY. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Thurs, October 2, 7:30-8:30 pm – Write On: from dream to page, write your path forward with Heather Marshall @ ARY. She facilitated a fabulous writing class for us last year. Can’t wait for this year. Check out my post about last year’s class. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Saturday, October 11, 1- 4:30 pm – ATS Style BellyDance Workshop with Discordia Arts @ ARY. RSVP for this workshop on Facebook.
- Saturday, Oct 11, 7:30-10ish – BellyDance Performance and Hafla (Party) with Discordia Arts and Friends @ ARY. We will also be having a Silent Auction this evening. So come prepared to support a great event and raise money for Safe Harbor. Cash and Check appreciated, Credit Cards if we must! ;) Remember every little bit helps. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
- Sunday, October 12, 4-6 pm – Survivors Finding Voice Lecture and Art Showing with Wanda Meade @ ARY. RSVP for this event on Facebook.
We will update this post as new events are added or confirmed. Keep your eyes posted for all the info.
If you would like to help us out by hanging posters, sharing on Facebook or your blog, donating or anything in between please let me know. We’ll take all the help we can get!
Download our flyer to display at your business (or click the image below).